10 February 2009

Emphatic Abigail

When did her sweet, chirping "ma-ma" become "MAMA!!! MAMA!!" in double-time? She sounds like Will Ferrell in Wedding Crashers: "MOM! MEATLOAF!" I suppose it was inevitable, given her demanding mother, but Abby suddenly has become very emphatic and in love with the sound of her own shouting.

MEMO!!! (Elmo)
MUHMUH!! (monkey)
ROOOAAARRR! (Roooaaaarrr -- she has always done an emphatic lion's roar, actually)
BUHBUH!!!! (bye-bye)
BAH! (either Bailey the dog or ball, depending upon the context)
MMMM!! (moo)

She also nods 'yes,' emphatically, with her entire body starting at her belly.

Of course, she has a lot of words that she says calmly. I can only think of two words that consistently come out as questions:

Nana? (banana - as in, may I have one?)
Oh? (video - as in, please mom, may I watch another? accompanied by waving a DVD case or pointing at the tv, or both)

Right now, she is laughing her ass off at something. I think I'll go see what.

No comments: