13 June 2007

We're Back!

Good morning -- I am sorry to have been dilatory with my blog. I suppose I was just so pleased as to be overly distracted, on three accounts: first, I am home; second, my husband is home; and third, my sex drive is back! But, I am here now, although only briefly.

There's nothing much to report here, actually. All of my symptoms are unchanged. Psychologically speaking, I am feeling much better being home and I am starting to make peace with my body again. At the moment, I am off to get ready for another trip to Hopkins; today is my single-fiber EMG test, which should help to confirm or deny the myasthenia diagnosis. This is loads of fun. I've never had the single-fiber version, but the generic kind of EMG test I had at the hospital involved shooting electric currents into my jaw to see how well they travelled along my nerves. As I told someone else today, the EMG test falls far below an MRI, say (I've learned to sleep through those), but well above a lumbar puncture, in terms of the overall desirability of medical tests. So, that's not so bad. After the test, we plan to hang around Baltimore and to try out the disabled seating at Camden Yards for the Orioles game -- this being, as luck would have it, the first season Dave bought season tickets for the O's.

In case I don't make it back to the Almanac before we leave, I'll let you know now that we're taking the kids to the beach house Friday through Monday. I can't WAIT -- I need a break so badly, even though I'm not so sure how well I'm going to do walking on sand . . . . I'll be sure and report back when we return.

1 comment:

The Comers said...

yay, everything's back. :) i shipped a package to you today (only 2 weeks late) so you should get it in a few days. hopefully you can use some of it; if not, dispose of the books at your will. and there's a happy in there for you, too. love you bunches and am anxious to hear about your appointment. kisses, n.