08 February 2008

That's My Girl


When I was breastfeeding, I used to escape to my home office to feed Abby when we had company. Back then, though, she could barely see a few inches in front of her face, and since then, she hadn't been back in my office until this morning. Today I planned to have her sit in there in her bouncy seat for a while so I could get a few things done. The minute we walked in the door, Abby in my arms, she looked up, eyes wide, obviously enraptured by the rows and rows of books filling one wall. So many sizes, shapes and colors! Her mouth opened and she leaned forward as if she wanted to suck on them. I felt again in my heart that she is my daughter. That's how I feel about books-- and she doesn't even know what words are, yet!

p.s. On the other hand, she cried when I put on George Michael today. And she is currently snoring loudly. So she might be her daddy's girl, too.

No comments: