15 October 2008

Four Days in the World

Wow, it's been too long since I've written. Too many things to write about at the moment, including (a) the au pair we're expecting in November, (b) work, (c) the campaign, (d) the economy, (e) Abby's broken toe, ear infection and deep and abiding glee at being able to walk. These can't be written about at the moment because any minute, my house will be descended upon. D is going to pull in the driveway with both big kids and the baby; then Grandbob is going to join us, and we will all drive to the airport in Baltimore to join Grammy and Papa. Everyone will get on the big plane and fly high in the sky to Orlando, where Mickey Mouse lives, and join Aunt Suzie and Uncle Lee, Uncle Moose, Mimi, Aunt Aly and Uncle Greg, and Cousins D and G. Sixteen of us for a long weekend in "the World," as the lingo goes (yes, there's lingo). R is excited to meet the Little Einsteins, but mostly he wants the bag of snacks he saw being packed for his carryon. S doesn't seem too concerned about character sightings -- not nearly so much as her Aunt Suzie is, for example -- but she is pretty geeked about spending the Disney Dollars she has earned in recent weeks, and riding Space Mountain. Honestly, I am finally looking forward to it, too, now that everything is packed and sitting by the door. I haven't been to Epcot in at least 7 years or so; I haven't been to the Magic Kingdom since 1985 or so, and I have never been to the other parks. Based on my recollections, I am looking forward to Peter Pan's ride, the "night" sky over the bazaar inside the Aztec temple in the Mexico part of Epcot, and the futuristic rides where one imagines how we'll all live in 100 (or 10) years. I just want the kids to have a great time, and I want Dave to have a great time, and I want memories that last. Bless us and you. See you on Monday.

No comments: