24 July 2007

OK, So It Was Fun

We had a really fun party on Saturday night. I wasn't so sure I'd make it through the morning before the party, much less the rest of the weekend, truth be told, but thanks to my awesome husband and all the grandmothers, we pulled it off. I needed to use random party guests as handholds between walkers, and I simply couldn't stay awake any later than 11:30, but I consider that a great success. In the end, we had about 53 guests, over a period beginning 4 pm Saturday and ending around 3 or 4 am. We slept 15 in our house in relative comfort (troops of 3-to-6 year-olds chasing each other through the house is still somewhat shocking for some), the food was pretty good, the kids' entertainment worked out (I don't feel like I've seen so many kids all in one place, doing one thing) . . . as far as I can tell, most everybody had a good time. Thanks so much to everyone who came -- we had a ball, and it was really wonderful having everyone in our new house. Although it's far from decorated, and it's often in one state or another of mess, it feels even more like home, and now that we've hung out with our neighbors a bit, the neighborhood feels even more welcoming (and populated!). Most important to me, D seemed so excited and happy and in his element, and the kids had the time of their lives. I was so glad we were able to do it. There aren't any pictures yet -- we're counting on Mimi to have taken some good ones. The only video we got was of Papa's leg, somehow. Oh, well.

No comments: