07 August 2007

Say Goodbye to the Biro

Whew. We made it. 8 days with both kids, and still no one bled! They were well-fed, too, although yesterday involved rather many cookies. Yesterday's project, you see, was a lemonade stand. I'm not sure where S got the idea, but she begged us to let her have a lemonade stand (also selling cookies), and since my mother was able to come down for a visit and help out, we decided to go ahead with it. The timing was good, because it was unbelievably hot yesterday, but our location was not terribly ideal. Still, we had a lot of construction workers come by and even at $.25 per cup/cookie, S managed to make around $7 (after overhead, which her daddy explained to her). She was very shy, but excited. I have a feeling this won't be the only lemonade stand we ever put up. R, meanwhile, amused himself by blowing bubbles and, later, writing on my favorite armchair with a pen. Luckily for him, we didn't see it until late in the evening, so he was spared my immediate wrath. As it is, if I have my way he'll not see another pen until he turns twelve.

p.s. I am looking for suggestions for baby books (like, board or bath books that young infants enjoy). I know about the big ones, like Goodnight Moon, Pat the Bunny, the Hungry Caterpillar, and Boynton books. Any favorites out there that are off the beaten path?

No comments: