30 October 2007

Here She Comes

Sorry to everyone I owe an email -- Aunt Syl, Deb, many others! Quick update: I went into premature labor on Friday, and we went to the hospital on the instructions of Dr. Fraga. They stopped the labor with terbutaline shots, gave me a couple of steroid shots (ow! that ain't fair! givin' a gal a shot down there! interjections . . . ) to boost Abby's lung development just in case, and sent me home on bed rest. On Thursday, we have our regular ob appointment, and we'll go off the terbutaline, and if Abby comes, she comes -- at that point she'll be 36 weeks.

The other news is that because of the neurological complications, they're going to do the C-section under general anesthesia instead of awake with an epidural as is usually the case these days. I am somewhat disappointed that I won't be awake for her arrival, but at least I won't have to lie there anxious.

More later, folks -- I need to lie down. We're all fine here; send your good vibes!

p.s. It's clear to me that Abby tried to please her daddy by coming into the world on a Ravens bye week (so he wouldn't miss a game), but her best intentions were thwarted. Instead she'll probably end up coming during this Monday's night football game -- Steelers versus Ravens!!

No comments: