18 October 2007

Periodically Hard

Turns out I'm having "Braxton-Hicks contractions." These are like practice contractions, and apparently they are normal. They do not feel normal. They feel like someone (someone grown, not someone Abby's size) has their elbow, or forehead, or basketball shoe shoving my innards outward. My whole belly suddenly, and for a few moments, gets reallly stiff and tight and hard as a rock. Maybe I shouldn't mind, since no part of me has been hard for quite some time, but I do mind. It's hard to sit, harder to lie, impossible to sleep when this is happening. It doesn't quite hurt, but it is rather uncomfortable, and when I try to move during a contraction, all the sore and stretching ligaments around my bump definitely hurt.

I'm going back to watch my Bloomberg TV. In a move which has shocked me and my husband alike, my nesting instinct seems at least in part to have manifested itself in a very uncharacteristic, but voracious, need to be involved in financial planning of some sort. Whatever. Four more weeks and a wake-up. That's all I can say.

No comments: